Thursday, November 3, 2011

Greek Lemon Potatoes


When I don't feel like cooking, I barbecue. Throw potatoes in the oven, steam some veggies, and put the meat on the barbecue, no thinking or prepping involved. I'm so thankful for our covered patio, like the rain in Vancouver, my non-cooking days happen year round.

We love Greek food in our home and Greek chicken on the BBQ with tzaki is my go-to recipe for lazy cooking days. My sister loaned me a great cookbook, it's called "Mennonite Girls Can Cook" in it Greek lemon potatoes. I had been eyeing this recipe all week, dying to try it out. I had all the ingredients in the cupboard
(minus fresh lemons but I had lemon juice) and with my son happily in his bumbo seat, I went to work.

The prep time for these potatoes took me 15 minutes, I'm a slow peeler so it could be even faster. Mix the ingredients, pour over potatoes, and one hour later you have tender, lemony, and garlicky potatoes. I couldn't stop eating them, I chose more potatoes over ice cream for dessert.

T is a very picky eater and his response "these are awesome!".

Enjoy!



Greek Lemon Potatoes
Adapted From: Mennoite Girls Can Cook


  • 6 large potatoes with or without skin, cut into wedges
  • 2-4 tbsp of olive oil (I used 3 tbsp)
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed (I used lemon juice from a bottle)
  • 1 tbsp chicken bouillon, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed

  • Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
  • Peel your potatoes if you prefer no skin
  • Place in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan
  • Combine ingredients together and poor over potatoes, stir coating all potatoes
  • Bake for 1 hour. If you want a softer potato, cover for the first 30 minutes. If you want crispy edges bake uncovered for the full hour. Stir potatoes every 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment