Friday, February 17, 2012

Beer Butt Chicken- Oven Style




Here is a great go-to recipe when you need to impress your in-laws, company, or just a romantic dinner for two. Beer Butt Chicken.

I am totally joking.

Who would of thought of this cooking method for chicken? It's so strange but it makes a delicious roast chicken. I have made this dinner many of times and I have tried many rubs but this one is the best rub by far! I even purchased a overly priced rub and it doesn't even come close to the flavor from this simple homemade recipe.

If you don't have kosher salt, go buy it. Kosher salt is great for bbq, rubs, and grilling; it creates a great crust on the meat. I have a massive spice collection so I was lucky enough to be able to just whip up this rub in no time.

Don't be shy...Grab a beer, a chicken, stir up the rub and
lose Swiss Chalets number.

Enjoy!

Beer Butt Chicken
Adapted from: Food Network

  • 1 chicken (3 1/2 lb to 4 lb)
  • 2 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 tbsp ground cumin
  • 1 tbsp ground coriander
  • 1 tbsp paprika
  • 1 tbsp kosher salt
  • 1 tbsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 cup oil (I used less than 1/4 cup)
  • 1 can beer


  • Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
  • Rinse and pat dry with paper towel your chicken
  • Open your can of beer, drink half
  • Smother the inside of your chicken with rub
  • Place the can of beer on a roasting pan and carefully place your chicken on top
  • Brush oil all over the outside of chicken
  • Slather on the rub all over your chicken (I had a little left over rub when I was done)
  • Gently place your chicken in the oven
  • Roast for 90 minutes without disturbance
This is very delicious done on the grill as well, great for summer bbqs.

No comments:

Post a Comment