Confession time. I did it. I locked my son in the vehicle yesterday evening. To make matters worse, the heat was on high because I was warming the vehicle as I turned to say good-bye to my mom. Needless to say my son is perfectly fine and was asleep after the whole ordeal however I don't think I will ever forgive myself. So I whipped up a little comfort in the kitchen, PB & J muffins.
Peanut butter and jelly just may have the perfect marriage. They never fight. Always have their own space in the fridge or cupboard, no matter what flavor jelly is peanut butter always complements, and they make a ridiculous delicious muffin.
These are the only muffins that I truly enjoy the whole thing. You get the traditional crunchy muffin top with a sprinkling of sugar but than the stump of the muffin is filled with jelly; no boring muffin stump left on the plate. All other muffins can keep there stumps I just like the top.
I found this recipe here on food.com. Great for lunch boxes or snack for little muffins.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees
- Mix together dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder)
- Add in everything else except the jam, mix till combined.
- Grease your muffin tins WELL
- Scoop batter into muffin tin only filling half way
- Place 2 teaspoons of jam onto batter
- Scoop remaining batter into the muffin tins covering the jam
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes
- Let cool before removing from the pan to a wire cooling rack